Closed Captioning Interface
The ATOM Closed Captioning Interface is a compact 1RU rack mounted unit that can be used for insertion, extraction, monitoring and logging of OP-47 and CEA-708 closed captioning data within a single 3G/HD/SD-SDI video signal.
- Inserter, Extractor, Monitor and Logging of Closed Captioning
- 6 independent channels
- Compatible with all 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI video formats
- OP-47 and CEA-708 compatible. Other standards upon request
- Up to 48 hours of closed caption storage per channel with timestamp
- Passive video loop-through when no power present
- Compact 1RU 19″ rack mounted unit
- In-built web-server for remote control and diagnostics
- Third party control software support available
The ATOM Closed Captioning processing unit enable the insertion, extraction and monitoring of closed captioning information within a 3G-SDI, HD-SDI or SD-SDI video signal.
When in insertion mode, textual information is transmitted through the units Ethernet port and is then inserted as closed captioning data within the video signal. When extracting closed captioning information, the data is decoded from the video signal and is then available via the units Ethernet port. In monitoring mode, the closed captioning data is read from the video stream and ‘burnt’ into the video stream on the monitor output so that the captions can be viewed on a monitor. The closed caption data is also stored and each channel can retain up to 48 hours of captions including timestamps.
The closed captioning data is processed according to OP-47 or CEA-708. Other standards are available on request.
The ATOM Closed Captioning Interface comes in a compact 1RU 19″ rack mounted unit, and is fitted with dual redundant power supplies for redundancy.
||3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI
||Dual 90-264vac 50/60Hz
||19″ x 1RU x 200mm[8″] excluding connectors
||-25 to +55 deg C [32 to 131 deg F], 5%-95% non-condensing
||EN55103-1, EN55103, EN6095, FCC part 15
Inserter, Extractor, Monitor